Babylon - |00.65|
Babylon is our project for beta-testing all of Trailblazer Keyboards operations. The goal of this keyboard is to demonstrate the values of Trailblazer's design philosophy and how they affect our kits. With Babylon, we focused on delivering a vigorously optimized keyboard kit with ample availability to our community.
Shoutout to Alexotos for providing a demonstration of Babylon's kit, assembly, and uniqueness! He's got great content and community. Check him out!
Named after the Hanging Gardens, Babylon's design is brazenly unique, leveraging a float mount system rather than traditional keyboard mounts. The PCB is supported by or "hangs from" a bed of o-rings, providing a cushioned bounce experience when typing. The mount prevents harsh bottoming out when typing and creates a poppy sound signature.
- Aluminum: 6061
- Mounting Options: Float, Gasket, Both
- Case Weight: Approx. 1.4kg
- Typing Angle: 6.5 degrees
- Front Height: 20mm
- Front Bezel Width: 7.5mm
- Side Bezel Width: 13.5mm
- Surface Finishes: Anodized, Cerakoted (White)
- Brass Treatment: Sandblasted and Clear-coated
- R1 Prototype - Finished
- R2 Prototype - Finished
- Sound Tests - Finished
- R3 Prototype - Finished
- Order units - Pending Final rework on weights, ETA April 2022
- Availability Date for Purchase - Expected Q2 2022
- More Events and Streams with Babylon Q2 2022
Learn more about Babylon's kit and the mechanical keyboard hobby here: